KWTX
January 24th, 2017

The Burger King at 10th and Rancier Avenue was closed Tuesday morning after fire broke out in a vent and filled the building with smoke.

Firefighters were sent Tuesday morning to the building after a caller reported seeing smoke and flames coming from the roof.

Fire officials at the scene said the fire started in kitchen vents from a build-up of grease in an exhaust system.

A fire marshal was sent to the scene as a matter of routine.

Firefighters had the blaze doused quickly and no one was hurt, but the business was closed for at least the rest of the day.

No estimate of damage was released.