News Updates – Restaurant Fires in Kitchens
We know that Shepherd Filters disposable oil and grease filters can keep your kitchen exhaust systems clean. Too often, kitchen exhaust systems are not properly maintained and metal grease filters become weighed down with excess grease over time, resulting in the metal filter becoming a huge fire risk and fire in kitchen exhausts becoming a reality.
Read the blog posts below to see restaurant fires in kitchens caused by grease in the kitchen filters, duct, hood and rooftop.
Firefighters called to fire at Woolshed Pub in the Docklands was a recent news story in the Herald Sun. Ask us about our top fire safety tips for kitchens!
A recent fire causes damage to Parkview Restaurant, costing more than $300,000 in damage to the pub. Read more on the Shepherd Filters blog page.
We’re sad to see another Sydney restaurant goes up in smoke. Learn more about the incident on the Shepherd Filters blog, and thanks for reading!
A recent kitchen fire prompts evacuation at Hyatt Hotel in downtown Savannah, Georgia. We wish they had installed our disposable kitchen grease filters.
In addition to the many fast food fires, a recent grease fire impacts East Main Street Wendy’s. Learn more on the Shepherd Filters blog page.
Recently, a Cambridge Hotel Destroyed by Fire made the news, adding to the countless number of kitchen fire accidents that likely could have been prevented.
News of firefighters called out to Wellington McDonald’s blaze spread quickly, and we are sorry to hear of yet another commercial kitchen fire.
The Catering and Equipment Show Birmingham UK was a success, and we were proud to showcase our uniquely designed Shepherd Filters for all kinds of kitchens.
A likely avoidable event, when we heard of the grease fire hits kitchen at Palms, we were inspired to teach more about safety in the kitchen workplace.
We were sad to hear of the news that fire damages Bullock’s Bar-B-Que, one of Durham’s oldest restaurant institutions. Read more on Shepherd Filters blog.
The news that fire damage closes Rainier Club’s Kitchen was unfortunate. Contact us for a free assessment for kitchen safety and fire prevention.
When a grease fire forces evacuation of McDonald’s, it’s no good for anyone. Read more about preventative tips on the Shepherd Filters blog page.
The kitchen damaged in Little Hong Kong restaurant fire was an unfortunate event, and one that could have been prevented with our Shepherd kitchen Filters.
Originally reported in the Daily Herald, a negligent kitchen extract duct cleaner sued by the insurance company in St. Charles. Read more on the blog.
Recently, a pizzeria sued for damages in kitchen exhaust duct fire made the Herald Sun. We offer a free initial assessment for those who want to learn more!