7 News
October 16th, 2016

The fire broke out around 7pm on Saturday night at the Wentworthville strip, with flames quickly taking hold.

Staff and customers were forced to evacuate the restaurant as the fire erupted.

Witnesses said flames could be seen escaping the front of the single-storey shop as fire crews worked to douse the blaze.

It’s believed the fire started in the kitchen and quickly spread to the roof space

It took more than 50 firefighters an hour to extinguish the blaze.

The damage bill is yet to be estimated, but early reports suggest the restaurant has been gutted.

No one was injured in the blaze.