commercial kitchen grease filters save you money

Prolong the Life of your Commercial Kitchen Exhaust System

Prolong the life of your commercial kitchen exhaust system by performing these five simple steps as part of your daily, weekly and monthly routines.   1. Reducing Downtime Scheduled maintenance checks should include inspections of the filters, hood and any other visible areas within the system for high levels of grease build-up. Airflow checks are…

Iconic Pub Evacuated after Commercial Kitchen Fire

Staff and diners have been forced to flee from a hotel built in the 1850s after a fire broke out in its commercial kitchen.   Staff and diners have been forced to flee from a 168-year-old Prahran hotel a commercial kitchen fire broke out during lunch service. Emergency services rushed to the Mount Erica Hotel…

grease fire possible cause

Grease – One of the Leading Causes of Fires Still Today

Fires caused by grease build-up within kitchen exhaust systems continue to be the leading cause of restaurant fires, but they don’t have to be. With a proper understanding of this important system’s needs, both lives and businesses (like the ones in this story) can be saved.   This story raised immediate concerns as to whether…

kitchen grease build-up

Two Millimetres of Kitchen Grease Build-Up is all it Takes

It only takes two millimetres of kitchen grease build-up in your extraction system to pose a severe fire risk, and a grease fire can burn through a typical fast-food style restaurant in as little as five minutes.   The Australian Institute of Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Heating indicates that the ignition of cooking materials (i.e.…

fire damage to pub roof

Pub Fire Causes $5 Million Damage Bill as Investigations Continue

The out-of-control blaze that ripped through the CY O’Connor Village Pub in Piara Waters has left a $5 million damage bill.    Firefighters rushed to the scene about 5.30pm yesterday, finding the popular pub “fully involved” in fire with the roof partially collapsed. It took firefighters 90 minutes to control the blaze. Police, St John…

Fine Food NZ 2021

Shepherd Filters at Fine Food New Zealand 2021

Fine Food New Zealand is the leading foodservice, food retail, and hospitality trade event that it is being hosted at the ASB Showgrounds in Auckland from 13 – 15 June 2021.   Fine Food New Zealand is the country’s foremost retail, food service, and hospitality biennial trade exhibition. No other exhibition gathers so many relevant…

Foodservice Australia 2021

Shepherd Filters at Foodservice Australia 2021

The Foodservice Australia show will be held from 27-29 June at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre. It’s your chance to reconnect and rebuild after what has been a challenging year.    Shepherd Filters will be amongst over 450 exhibitors at the highly anticipated Foodservice Australia show in 2021. Thousands of chefs, restaurateurs, café owners, retailers,…

kitchen exhaust in action

Commercial Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning Tips for Owners

As a restaurant owner, it is crucial to maintain and care for every piece of equipment that makes your business operate properly. One of the most important pieces of equipment to maintenain and keep clean in a cafe or restaurant is the kitchen exhaust system. This is the one area that should never be neglected…

Protection Against Fire Spread in Commercial Kitchens

We take a moment to look at best practice for the fire-safe design of commercial kitchens, which encompasses restaurants and cafés.   Commercial kitchens are the heart of every good dining establishment, but they can also present a high risk of fire. Fires in restaurants and cafés represent 42 per cent of all fires within…

exhaust ventilation systems and fires

Kitchen Appliance Flare-Ups Near Exhaust Ventilation Systems

The beloved restaurant narrowly avoided destruction on Monday night but early estimates suggest damage bill could top $250,000. Anchors Wharf in Urunga has been left with a huge damage bill after firefighters battled to extinguish a blaze at the waterfront restaurant on Monday night. The fire broke out about 6.30pm with huge plumes of smoke…