exhaust hood filters can prevent fires

Rebuilding after a Fire – Why Exhaust Hood Maintenance is Imperative

Experience shows that the majority of kitchen fires will involve the kitchen exhaust hood or ductwork in the roof.   The Port Office Hotel in Brisbane has reopened its doors after a “devastating” fire ignited in the kitchen and ravaged the building. The pub’s owners, Nick and Meagan Gregorski, bought the establishment back in 2017,  but…

ARBS 2020 HVAC

Shepherd Filters Finalists in 2020 ARBS HVAC & R Industry Awards

ARBS is Australia’s only international trade exhibition for the HVAC & R and Building Services industries. Hosting over 300 exhibitors and in excess of 8,000 visitors ARBS 2020 will provide unrivalled access to everything HVAC & R in the southern hemisphere.   After being crowned “Product of the Year” at the 2019 AIRAH Awards in Sydney,…

Rural aid bushfire donate

Rural Aid Donation from Shepherd Filters Amidst Bushfire Crisis

Rural Aid is one of Australia’s largest rural charities in Australia, a country which is being ravaged by the worst wildfires seen in decades. Large swaths of the country have been devastated since the fire season began in late July 2019. Shepherd Filters supports (and relies on) Australian wool farmers, so in January, an announcement…

kitchen canopy cleaning not frequent enough

Kitchen Canopy Cleaning and the TGI Fridays Fire

Kitchen canopy cleaning is an essential part of maintaining the kitchen hood exhaust system in your restaurant or kitchen facility. It remains one of the primary defences against fire hazards. The result of a grease fire can be devastating for the kitchen, dangerous for staff and customers, and potentially catastrophic for surrounding businesses. The cause of the recent fire at…

hvac

HVAC & R Industry Body Nominates Shepherd Filters For Product of the Year

Shepherd Filters is honoured to have been nominated as one of three finalists in the ‘Product of the Year’ category at the 2019 AIRAH Awards. These awards provide the HVAC & R industry with the opportunity to reflect, applaud and raise a toast to its peers and their achievements – whether it’s promising future leaders to…

Kitchen Duct Fire

Kitchen Duct Fire Closes a McDonald’s for 2 Weeks

A McDonald’s in Bridgeport will be closed for two weeks after a kitchen duct fire early Saturday morning. Crews were called to the McDonald’s on Main Street around 1 a.m. after getting a report of a structure fire. When crews arrived, they said they found a working fire in the kitchen duct work that had…

Grease

Deadly Grease Fire Prompts New Regulations

More than 100 firefighters responded to a grease fire at a West Roxbury restaurant 12 years ago today, in which two Boston firefighters were killed and at least 12 others were injured. Paul Cahill (55) and Warren Payne (53) died while fighting a blaze that started in a grease-laden ventilation shaft. When part of the roof…

kitchen grease fire

Kitchen Grease To Blame In Long John Silver’s Fire

Seeking to avoid having to cover the cost of a kitchen grease fire that burned down a Michigan Long John Silver’s seafood restaurant, Liberty Mutual told a federal court on Monday 5th August 2019 that the establishment had failed to regularly clean its kitchen exhaust system.   American Fire and Casualty Co., an arm of the Boston insurance…