The grease fire had activated the kitchen’s sprinkler system and the fire was already out when responders arrived. The CCFD stayed on scene to reset the system, and the Southern Nevada Health District was notified, which happens when a fire occurs in an area where food is prepared or served.
The maintenance routines for the exhaust systems and fire sprinklers of a commercial kitchen should at least meet the minimum requirements set out in your country’s national codes/standards (i.e. in Australia this would be AS 1851).
Keeping kitchen exhaust systems free from grease build-up is not only a fire prevention measure, but also ensures that high HVAC hygiene standards are maintained. This is important in food preparation areas and required by food safety standards and local council regulations.
Apart from the safety and health benefits, improved productivity through more comfortable staff – and reduced energy bills from clean fans and ducts – can also contribute to the bottom line, so contact Shepherd Filters today!