Red Robin, a busy American burger outlet in Poughkeepsie reopens after Kitchen Exhaust Fan malfunction.
The restaurant was forced to close it’s doors on Sunday. A sign was placed on the door stating the eatery would be “closed until further notice”
The Kitchen exhaust fan on the roof stopped working and a replacement part was needed before the kitchen was back up and running.
The fan malfunction caused smoke to build up in the kitchen, triggering an automatic fire alarm that alerted the local fire district.
It was at this point in time that the together the fire department and restaurant personnel decided to shut down the restaurant. All car was taken with patrons remaining in the restaurant.
Upon failure of the kitchen exhaust fan, the kitchen filled with smoke making it impossible to see and to continue to cook. It quickly became a hazard for kitchen operators and patrons inside the restaurant.
Unfortunately the broken fan required a new part and this was not readily available therefore resulting in closure till further notice.
Red Robin is a restaurant chain which specialises in a variety of burgers and fast food snacks.
Kitchen exhaust fan failure can stem from a build up of grease in the duct work. Airborne fat and oil from cooking build up in a kitchen’s exhaust filter and travel through the ducts to the roof. This blocks ventilation, reduces air flow and acts a ticking time bomb for potential grease fires. As a result, restaurants with improperly cleaned exhaust system equipment from the ventilation ducting right up to the roof fan—are at an elevated risk, even after any fire at the cooking station has been put out.
It is known that restaurant owners can lose up to thousands of dollars when a kitchen exhaust fan fails. It is not only the cost of the replacement part but closure costs and staff wages.
Don’t let this be you, we have the solution that can help protect your business whilst saving money and the environment at the same time.