Firefighters responded to reports of a Noosaville restaurant fire on 2nd October 2018 as per the Sunshine Coast Daily.
Triple-0 calls were made with witnesses reporting smoke visible from a Gympie Terrace restaurant.
Initial reports are that the fire was at Samba Grill, but that location has not been confirmed by firefighters.
Four fire crews were called to Gympie Terrace about 4.10pm, with initial reports that the blaze was at Samba Grill.
A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said the fire was contained to the flue of the restaurant and was extinguished by 4.30pm.
One person is being assessed by paramedics.
A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said no further information was available about their patient.
The team at Shepherd Filters sincerely hopes that the patient makes a full recovery and the restaurant in question comes away with minimal damage caused.
Every year, restaurant fire incidents in commercial kitchen cause millions of dollars of damage. The fires most often start in deep-fat fryers, cooking ranges, grills and other equipment. But it is the kitchens’ exhaust canopies and ductwork, combined with the airflow through ducting, that can ‘inflame’ a minor flare-up into a major catastrophe.
There are simple ways to avoid commercial kitchen exhaust/flue fires, and it is imperative that they are implemented:
- Systems need to be designed and installed in accordance with the established rules (i.e. Australian Standards); and
- Ongoing cleaning, maintenance and inspection should be part of an restaurant’s operational standards/procedures
Shepherd Filters can help those in the food-service industry meet both of the above requirements in one cost-effective and effortless way. Contact us today!