kitchen exhaust cleaning and shepherd filters prevents fires

200 Guests Evacuated After Canberra Airport Hotel Fire

More than 200 guests were evacuated from the hotel at Canberra Airport following a fire in its kitchen on Sunday night. ACT Fire & Rescue extinguished fire in Vibe Hotel’s kitchen after receiving a 000 call about 11.30pm on 25th November 2018. Damage was contained to the kitchen, but smoke from the fire spread to most of…

kitchen exhaust filters can stop mcdonalds grease fires

McDonald’s Closes for Some Weeks After Grease Fire in Broken Bow

McDonald’s Fire In Broken Bow No April Fool’s joke here according to Sandhills Express, when a snowy Easter Sunday morning began with a grease fire at the McDonald’s in Broken Bow. Fire and EMS Coordinator Andy Holland said the grease fire started in the kitchen area of the restaurant. It occurred around 7am on Sunday…

disposable kitchen grease filters exhaust system mcdonalds fire

Fire spreads through exhaust system of McDonald’s on Willis Road

According to Chesterfield Observer, patrons and employees scrambled to evacuate the McDonald’s at 2300 Willis Road on 13 July 2010 at around 11:52am. An employee had discovered fire behind a deep fryer. It quickly spread into the restaurant’s kitchen exhaust system. Sirens screamed from fire engines and police cruisers as first responders rushed to the scene.…

Kitchen Exhaust

Australian Standards & Commercial Kitchen Exhaust Systems

Commercial kitchen exhaust systems require specialist equipment and design. What are the key issues relating to the application of these systems to buildings? Commercial kitchen exhaust systems are required to comply with Australian Standard AS/NZS1668.2: The use of ventilation and air conditioning in buildings – Ventilation design for indoor air contaminant control, and AS/NZS1668.1: The…

Making a Difference in our Community

Of the suppliers that Shepherd Filters engages, the one we are most proud to be affiliated with is Civic, a not-for-profit organisation that has provided services to people with intellectual disability and/or mental health conditions for 60 years. Founded in 1958 by a group of parents who believed their children had abilities and were capable of…

Why More Than 8,000 Restaurants Catch Fire Every Year

Grease fires are one of the main culprits that lead to more than $200 million in property damage annually.   Unsurprisingly, the most common cause of major fires in restaurants are grease fires. Cooking flames and flammable kitchen materials such as grease build-up over time, which increases the risk for potential fires to break out. According…