Iconic Pub Evacuated after Commercial Kitchen Fire

Staff and diners have been forced to flee from a hotel built in the 1850s after a fire broke out in its commercial kitchen.   Staff and diners have been forced to flee from a 168-year-old Prahran hotel a commercial kitchen fire broke out during lunch service. Emergency services rushed to the Mount Erica Hotel…

grease fire possible cause

Grease – One of the Leading Causes of Fires Still Today

Fires caused by grease build-up within kitchen exhaust systems continue to be the leading cause of restaurant fires, but they don’t have to be. With a proper understanding of this important system’s needs, both lives and businesses (like the ones in this story) can be saved.   This story raised immediate concerns as to whether…