Extensive fire damage in roof

Fire at Iconic Restaurant Forces Closure for at Least a Year

An iconic South West restaurant and bar on the Busselton foreshore has been destroyed in a fire early on the morning of 12 April 2021.   The Goose Beach Bar and Kitchen, next to the Busselton Jetty, is barely recognisable after the fire, which has razed the roof, leaving huge scorch marks over its trademark…

kitchen ventilation costs

Kitchen Ventilation Design & Future Costs – Get Your “Ducts” in a Row

Renovating or investing in a cafe, restaurant, pub, or club is an exciting project, and so it should be!  You’ve found the location and are now busy planning the theme, menu, layout, hiring staff, and planning the grand opening. Yet, have you given the very heart of your business, specifically the kitchen ventilation system and…

Report on Why Kitchen Exhaust System was Shut Down

Hospital Kitchen Shut Down After Exhaust System Report Findings

A recent state fire marshal inspection found unsafe conditions to do with the kitchen exhaust system in the Zambarano unit of Eleanor Slater Hospital, leading to the shut down of some of its kitchen operations.    According to a state fire marshal report dated 19 March 2021, the kitchen exhaust system wasn’t ventilating cooking vapors…

kitchen extraction systems maintenance

Kitchen Extraction Systems – Why it Pays Dividends to do Routine Checks

How likely are you to you forego the servicing of your vehicle when it falls due? Not very, given that there is genuine value in knowing that it’s safe to drive. It’s also true that if you neglect your vehicle, you’re likely to be up for a big bill when something major happens. What if…

Kitchen Exhaust Duct Fire at Coffee Shop in Tiong Bahru

A  kitchen exhaust duct was invovled in the fire that broke out at a coffee shop in Tiong Bahru on Saturday morning, 13 March 2021.   As this story highlights, kitchen exhaust duct systems continue to feature prominently in commercial building fire events. Stomp was alerted to the fire and photos of smoke drifting through…

commercial kitchen range hood fire

Commercial Kitchen Range Hood Fire Leaves Restaurant Closed

The quick actions of staff and members the public in extinguishing a fire in a commercial kitchen range hood at the Greenwell Point Bowling Club has been praised.   Greenwell Point Rural Fire Service captain Sam Thompson said the fire, which started in the kitchen range hood of the Chinese restaurant, was extinguished ahead of…

Kitchen Extraction System Lessons that COVID has Highlighted

We all know the dangers that lurk when a commercial kitchen extraction system are overdue for a clean. The fire risk from a build-up of particles and grease can be catastrophic, yet there’s more to it. Covid has taught and reminded us all of the importance of hygiene across the board, especially within our kitchens.…