Your routine duct cleaning appointment is fast approaching. It may require someone to be on-site earlier and/or later than usual on the chosen day or in some cases, the restaurant may need to remain closed. Is there a better way? Yes!
A fire that seems to have been caused by the ignition of grease within the kitchen exhaust system needed 10 fire engines and around 70 firefighters at a shop with flats above on Uxbridge Road in Shepherd’s Bush.
Ten people eating dinner at the restaurant were forced to flee to the street to escape the fire, which started in the chimney. This is not the first time a fire has broken out at the restaurant.
Emergency services were called to the roadhouse, 200km east of Tennant Creek, following reports of a structure fire in the kitchen.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank Chefs all over the world for the dedication to their craft, for making mealtimes an adventure, and for nourishing and educating future generations!
Part of a ground-floor shop and a five-roomed flat on the first floor of the building were alight. The fire is believed to have been accidental and caused by the ignition of grease within the the extraction system.
This case study focuses on a popular burger chain that was experiencing problems with very high levels of grease accumulation in their kitchen exhaust and poor quality cleans by kitchen exhaust cleaners wasting their money, leaving them with a fire risk and a non-compliant system.
This hotel was experiencing problems with grease accumulation in their kitchen exhaust, and poor quality cleans by kitchen exhaust cleaners wasting their money, leaving them with fire risk and a non-compliant system.
“The fire involved the kitchen exhaust ducting of a coffee shop on the first floor of the building”, SCDF said in response to a CNA query.
Unavoidable fact – airborne grease collected by metal kitchen grease filters eventually gets extracted further into system components such as the hood, ductwork, and fan.