Emergency services were called to the roadhouse, 200km east of Tennant Creek, following reports of a structure fire in the kitchen.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank Chefs all over the world for the dedication to their craft, for making mealtimes an adventure, and for nourishing and educating future generations!
Part of a ground-floor shop and a five-roomed flat on the first floor of the building were alight. The fire is believed to have been accidental and caused by the ignition of grease within the the extraction system.
This case study focuses on a popular burger chain that was experiencing problems with very high levels of grease accumulation in their kitchen exhaust and poor quality cleans by kitchen exhaust cleaners wasting their money, leaving them with a fire risk and a non-compliant system.
This hotel was experiencing problems with grease accumulation in their kitchen exhaust, and poor quality cleans by kitchen exhaust cleaners wasting their money, leaving them with fire risk and a non-compliant system.
“The fire involved the kitchen exhaust ducting of a coffee shop on the first floor of the building”, SCDF said in response to a CNA query.
Unavoidable fact – airborne grease collected by metal kitchen grease filters eventually gets extracted further into system components such as the hood, ductwork, and fan.
Conall Wolsey, from owners Beannchor Group, said the kitchen and plant room, at the rooftop bar of the hotel, have been destroyed. “There is severe smoke and water damage to the building,” he said.
About 15 people self-evacuated from the premises and some helped to fight the blaze and preliminary investigations indicate that the fire had originated from overheated cooking at one of the fire-affected stalls according to The Straits Times.
A fire that escaped the Single Thread restaurant’s hood system and was visible from the roof was quickly extinguished by the staff and Healdsburg fire crews Friday night.